Nutrition: Hydration Chapter 1
What is Hydration? (VIDEO)
Where there is water, there is life. Maintaining adequate hydration is fundamental to human health as it is to all organic life on Earth. We’re born with an innate and ongoing demand for fluid, but behind the familiar sensation of thirst is a reliance on water to transport nutrients, create blood pressure, eliminate waste, fight disease, feed cells, and conduct many more life-giving functions. At every moment, molecules of H2O flow through every cell of every part of the body.
- The chapter listing at the left shows the range of subtopics that we will explore in this health center.
- The key visualizations from each chapter appear in our carousel of small pictures, above. Clicking on each one will enlarge it so you can view the content for the related chapter.
- On the main images, buttons may launch short videos, graphics and interactive features.
- Also, rolling over the red arrows on the images reveals more interactive content.
- Finally, the photos, graphics and icons in the text labeled “Read More” link to additional content and interactive experiences. Click away!
We hope you find all of “The 9 Visual Rules of Wellness” to be informative and compelling.
CHAPTER 1 (currently viewing)
What is Hydration?Maintaining adequate hydration is fundamental to human health as it is to all organic life on Earth.
The Thirst CycleFrom the day we’re born our brain and body knows how to detect and resolve a need for fluids.
ElectrolytesElectrolytes are salts that dissolve in water and separate into smaller atoms or molecules that carry an electric charge.
theVisualMD Wishes to Thank our Scientific Collaborators:
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.