Baseline Your Health Chapter 10
- Baseline Your Health (VIDEO)
- Baseline Your Health
- Your Biomarkers Small & Large
- Your Doctor's Visit (VIDEO)
- Your Physical Biomarkers
- A Healthy Conversation
- Your Laboratory Exams, Your Lab Biomarkers
- Complete Blood Count, and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- River of Life: Blood Sustains & Protects
- Lipids, Heart Health and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- The Heart of the Matter: Dietary Fat & Vessel Health
- All Charged Up: Electrolytes & Vitality
- Detox & Digest: Your Busy Liver
- Blood Glucose and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- Food Into Fuel: The Multi-tasking Pancreas
- Vitamin D and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- Your Biggest Supporters: Healthy Bones
- Your Kidneys: Not Just A Waste Disposal Team
- Sexual Health
- Setting the Pace: Thyroid & Metabolism
- In Defense of You: Your Immune System
- Monitoring Disease: What Cells Tell Us
- Reading Your Mind: The Future of Brain Imaging
- Mapping Your Future: Screening for Disease Risk
- Baseline Trends
- After Your Visit
Lipids, Heart Health and Baselining Your Health
Your blood “knows” what you eat, meaning that the cardiovascular system is a sensitive barometer of a person’s health, including diet. What individuals eat is reflected in their blood chemistry and the health of their heart, arteries and vessels. Fats (also known as lipids), for example, are vital to health and wellbeing throughout our lives and yet they are mostly associated with obesity and cardiovascular disease. The problem is that not all fats (or cholesterol) are equal. They share basic chemical similarities, but they also have important differences, which, in turn, result in different roles and effects in the body. Tests that offer information on diet and heart health include total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL or “bad” cholesterol), high-density lipoprotein (HDL or “good” cholesterol), and triglycerides.
BASELINE YOUR HEALTH VIDEOS
Baseline Your HealthWhen it comes to our wellness journeys, it is true that we all start from a different place...
Your Doctor's VisitA physical exam helps a doctor take the measure of your health. Current concerns are addressed and problems spotted...
Complete Blood Count, and Baselining Your HealthOur lifeblood is a complex fluid and a complete blood count (CBC) measures the fundamentals...
CHAPTER 10 (currently viewing)
Lipids, Heart Health and Baselining Your HealthWhat individuals eat is reflected in their blood chemistry and the health of their cardiovascular system...
Blood Glucose and Baselining Your HealthBlood glucose levels naturally fluctuate, but insulin from a healthy pancreas keeps levels within a narrow range...
Vitamin D and Baselining Your HealthVitamin D is essential to bone health, but it may also be important for muscle, nerve and immune system function and may play...
theVisualMD Wishes to Thank our Scientific Collaborators:
- Michael J. Stein, MD, FACR
Chief Medical Director at TheVisualMD.com Professor of Medicine and Community Health Butler Hospital/Brown University
- Canyon Ranch, Lenox MA
- University Medicine, Providence, RI
- Nichols Institute
- 55 Kip Center Rutherford, NJ
- Martha Stewart Center For Living
Mount Sinai Medical Center New York, NY
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.