Colon cancer staging
Stages of Colorectal Cancer (Summary Staging)
- Stage 0: Cancer is confined to inner lining of the colon wall (the mucosa).
- Stage I: Cancer has spread beyond the mucosa to the middle layers of the colon wall.
- Stage II: Cancer has spread beyond the colon's middle layers and possibly into nearby organs, but hasn't spread to lymph nodes.
- Stage III: Cancer has spread to lymph nodes, but not to other parts of the body.
- Stage IV: Cancer has spread to distant areas, like the liver or lungs.
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.