Manage Your Stress Chapter 6
- Manage Your Stress (VIDEO)
- What Is Stress?
- Fight Or Flight (VIDEO)
- Stress vs. Rest
- The Stress Response
- Stressed Out! Signs & Symptoms
- Chronic Stress
- Stress Takes a Toll (VIDEO)
- Stress Harms the Heart & Blood Vessels
- Stress & The Growing Brain (VIDEO)
- Stress Harms the Brain & Nerves
- Stress Harms the Immune System
- Stress Causes Psychological Problems
- Stress & Epigenetics (VIDEO)
- Your Genes Are Affected by Stress
- Inheriting Stress (VIDEO)
- Stress & Aging (VIDEO)
- Stress Makes You Age Faster
- How Stressed Out Are You?
- Coping with Stress (VIDEO)
- Beat Stress with Friendship & Community
- Beat Stress with Healthier Foods
- Beat Stress with Better Sleep Habits
- Beat Stress with Exercise
- Meditation (VIDEO)
- Beat Stress with Mindful Awareness
Stressed Out! Signs & Symptoms
Stress is stealthy. Its negative effects may appear to be caused by an acute illness. Stress may just seem like fatigue. But it wears away at you physically and emotionally if you don't recognize the warning signs and find a way to manage it.
How Does it Feel?
Your Mood and Habits
Check InDo you think you may have some fallout from stress, but you just aren't sure? Don't miss our self-assessment in Chapter 13. It's a simple tool to get a quick idea of whether stress has been more pronounced in your life lately. There are other assessments, too. But if you have any symptoms whose origins are unclear, always check in with your physician and let him or her know what has been going on in your life. The longer stress-relate symptoms go unchecked, the more likely it is that they will become serious.
theVisualMD Wishes to Thank our Scientific Collaborators:
- Deepak Chopra, MD
- Jeremy Geffen, MD
Oncologist and author
- Tereza Hubkova, MD
Canyon Ranch, Lenox, MA
- Mark Liponis, MD
Corporate Medical Director, Canyon Ranch
- Keith Paine
Co-Founder, Nimble Fitness, New York
- Candace Pert, PhD
Neuroscientist and author
- Daniel J. Siegel, MD
Interpersonal Neurobiologist UCLA School of Medicine/Mindsight Institute
- Hugh S. Taylor, MD
Fertility Specialist Yale School of Medicine
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.