Baseline Your Health Chapter 4
- Baseline Your Health (VIDEO)
- Baseline Your Health
- Your Biomarkers Small & Large
- Your Doctor's Visit (VIDEO)
- Your Physical Biomarkers
- A Healthy Conversation
- Your Laboratory Exams, Your Lab Biomarkers
- Complete Blood Count, and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- River of Life: Blood Sustains & Protects
- Lipids, Heart Health and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- The Heart of the Matter: Dietary Fat & Vessel Health
- All Charged Up: Electrolytes & Vitality
- Detox & Digest: Your Busy Liver
- Blood Glucose and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- Food Into Fuel: The Multi-tasking Pancreas
- Vitamin D and Baselining Your Health (VIDEO)
- Your Biggest Supporters: Healthy Bones
- Your Kidneys: Not Just A Waste Disposal Team
- Sexual Health
- Setting the Pace: Thyroid & Metabolism
- In Defense of You: Your Immune System
- Monitoring Disease: What Cells Tell Us
- Reading Your Mind: The Future of Brain Imaging
- Mapping Your Future: Screening for Disease Risk
- Baseline Trends
- After Your Visit
Your Doctor's Visit
A physical exam helps a doctor take the measure of your health. Current concerns are addressed and unrecognized problems may be spotted. But the exam also establishes a baseline vital to your future. Being poked, prodded and undressed, having our pulse and blood pressure taken, our heart and lungs listened to, our chest and back thumped, our height and weight measured, our ears, mouths, and eyes peered at. Yes, those are all routine procedures in a physical and they are routine for good reasons. In the course of a physical exam doctors can uncover a wealth of information on the function of our major organ systems. Establishing this health baseline is the first step in making a commitment to wellness as a lifelong journey.
BASELINE YOUR HEALTH VIDEOS
Baseline Your HealthWhen it comes to our wellness journeys, it is true that we all start from a different place...
CHAPTER 4 (currently viewing)
Your Doctor's VisitA physical exam helps a doctor take the measure of your health. Current concerns are addressed and problems spotted...
Complete Blood Count, and Baselining Your HealthOur lifeblood is a complex fluid and a complete blood count (CBC) measures the fundamentals...
Lipids, Heart Health and Baselining Your HealthWhat individuals eat is reflected in their blood chemistry and the health of their cardiovascular system...
Blood Glucose and Baselining Your HealthBlood glucose levels naturally fluctuate, but insulin from a healthy pancreas keeps levels within a narrow range...
Vitamin D and Baselining Your HealthVitamin D is essential to bone health, but it may also be important for muscle, nerve and immune system function and may play...
theVisualMD Wishes to Thank our Scientific Collaborators:
- Michael J. Stein, MD, FACR
Chief Medical Director at TheVisualMD.com Professor of Medicine and Community Health Butler Hospital/Brown University
- Canyon Ranch, Lenox MA
- University Medicine, Providence, RI
- Nichols Institute
- 55 Kip Center Rutherford, NJ
- Martha Stewart Center For Living
Mount Sinai Medical Center New York, NY
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.