Hypertension Chapter 5
- What Is Hypertension? (VIDEO)
- The Silent Killer
- Pump Action
- Pressure Sensors
- A Dangerous High: 3 Types of Hypertension
- Causes of Hypertension
- Narrowed Vessels
- Dangers of Hypertension
- Diagnosing Pressure
- A New Eating Plan
- Fitness Movement
- Put Out the Fire
- Keeping Blood Pressure Healthy
- Medicating Pressure
- Monitoring at Home
A Dangerous High: 3 Types of Hypertension
What Are the Different Types of Hypertension?There are three types of hypertension:
- Primary, or essential, hypertension accounts for 90-95% of all cases and doesn’t have a specific, treatable cause. However, an unhealthy lifestyle can play a role in developing hypertension in people who have a predisposition for it.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by an underlying condition, such as a kidney disorder or a congenital abnormality. The high blood pressure generally returns to normal when the problem is corrected.
- Pregnancy-related hypertension may occur in women who have a predisposition to hypertension when they become pregnant.
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.